Inspire your students to love learning by teaching with the same passion as a coach. Learn techniques that will make your classroom an exciting place for all of your students. Start with a free mini-course and then learn everything you need to know to turn your students into champions.
This self-paced course focuses on:
- small group learning
- meaningful projects
- useful technology
- motivating students
- fun activities
- positive classroom culture
- working smart, not hard
- inspiring creativity and curiosity
At the end of the course, you'll get the time to reflect and plan, and participants will receive a certificate of completion with professional development credit hours. Check with your district or state DOE for prior approval of credit hours.
Ask your district administrator or supervisor to support PD that you will actually enjoy. Email the PO (purchase order) to [email protected]
- Introduction (8:14)
- Incremental Learning: Learning the Basics (45:43)
- Activity and Time Management: Planning Practice (32:44)
- Motivating and Celebrating Students: Team Culture (32:49)
- Teacher Support and Collaboration: The Coaching Staff (30:19)
- Conferencing with Students: Individual and Team Feedback (18:48)
- Student-Student Support and Group Work: Teamwork and Grouping Athletes (12:24)
- Online Support: Scheduling and Communicating (25:37)
- The Learning and Testing Balance: Training Muscles (23:35)
- The Question of Homework: Frequency and Length of Practice (23:42)
- Notetaking and Differentiation: Creating Graphics and Visuals (19:35)
- Grades and What They Represent: “Just have fun” (19:32)
- Equitable Teaching: The Level Playing Field (24:00)
- Positive Parent-Teacher Relationships: Community Building (11:49)
- Outside the Classroom: Habits and Team Dinners (15:03)
- Publishing and Displaying Student Work: The Stadium and Awards (15:12)
- Independent and Choice Work: Playing Different Sports and Positions (6:08)
- When to Teach with Technology: Using Visuals to Master Technique (15:50)
- Project-Based Learning: Innovation and Creativity (22:34)
- Knowing What Works: Coach and Athlete Collaboration (13:47)
Hi, I'm Scott and I've been teaching since 2004.
Over the years, I've discovered that it's not easy to create an engaging and fun activity for students. It's truly an art, and I find that I am most creative after a good conversation with a colleague. I started Teacher's Workshop to extend these kinds of conversations beyond the walls of our schools.
Visit Teacher's Workshop to read my blog and listen to my podcast ("The Joys of Teaching Literature"). Visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store to see my resources, many of which you can download for free in the course.